The Medicine Seller!

If you think I would talk about medicine in this post after you read the title, no, I'm definitely not going to talk about medicine or such. Instead, I would talk about a certain man (and if you guess this man is blonde, yep, that's 100% right!) who sell medicine and as far as I know, he doesn't have a name so we called him "Medicine Seller" or "Kusuriuri" in Japanese.

Yep! Tonight I'm going to talk/write everything I know about this gorgeously handsome, blonde man!

KUSURIURI/MEDICINE SELLER
*Kalo tukang obat seganteng ini, gue bakal males ke apotik kali ye*
This man come from anime/manga called Mononoke. I, myself, doesn't know this fact until today when I suddenly remembered about him. Well, first time I saw him is at a certain cable TV Channel which airing an anime series called "Ayakashi: Japanese Classic Horror"
This series contains three different story, which all of them revolving around supernatural activity/ghost appearance. Of course, the genre is mystery and one thing I really like about the series is the graphic style is changing according to the story. So, to put it simple, this series had three different stories (let's call it an "Arc") and each arc had their own graphic style. These three arcs are "Yotsuya Kaidan," "Tenshu Monogatari," and "Bakeneko"

Left to Right: The graphic style of Yotsuya Kaidan, Tenshu Monogatari, and Bakeneko

Basically, I love everything about Japanese classic tales (especially the one which have mystery on it) and this series would made it to my top five list for sure. But since there's three different arcs, I do have my favorite among the favorites =v=

As you can see from the picture above, my beloved Kusuriuri is there on the Bakeneko Arc.

Bakeneko Arc tell a story of mysterious supernatural activity at a certain house. That day, the daughter of those house is going to be married, but at the moment she stepped out the house, she's suddenly collapsed and died. Before that, a medicine seller who noticed there's something wrong in the house make his way into the house by offered medicines which good for newlyweds. His presence is being greeted by a young servant of the house (the servant is a young girl, and I don't blame her for letting such handsome stranger into the house MySpace ).

As soon as they (the house residents) found out the daughter mentioned above is dead, Kusuriuri come into the scene and bluntly revealed that a mononoke (unnatural spirits that linger in the human world) is behind all that. Of course, none of them believe him.

The rest of the story is about how they try to get away from the mononoke (in this case, it's called bakeneko or cat monster/cat ghost) and revealed a dark past that happened in that house. From the whole arc itself, Kusuriuri is depicted as a man who seems to have a vast knowledge of the supernatural, not to mention that he have a mystical appearance, too. He carries a large wooden box full of medicine and holy tools. His main weapon to slay a mononoke is an enchanted sword.

Kusuriuri with his enchanted sword.


But there's a certain requirements to use the sword. First, he have to find out the "Katachi" or the shape of the spirit, then he have to learn about the "Makoto" or truth (I catch it as the history of the spirit before it become a spirit), and lastly he must reveal the "Kotowari" or reasoning of the mononoke he wishes to exorcise. After he meets all the requirements, he can use the sword and transform into a demonic-like creature.

The demonic appearance of Kusuriuri

Kusuriuri immediately become one of my favorite character because of this following reasons:
1. His appearance. Well, he's blonde, and his overall appearance is really stunning too.
2. His background. Obviously, there's not even a single hint of who he is or where did he come from. He just introduced as a medicine seller, with no exact name, who travel and have a vast knowledge about supernatural world.
3. His personality. This person is mysterious inside and out. Not to mention that sometimes I find him throwing a little sarcastic comment. I love sarcastic comments.

Graphic/Art wise, I love the fact that there's so many details on his clothes MySpace

Fortunately, I'm not really sure why, but this Bakeneko Arc with Kusuriuri as it's most noticeable character get its own spin-off series which called "Mononoke." I haven't watched this one because--like I mentioned above--I just find out about this after I suddenly remembered about Kusuriuri and browsing any information about him in order to write about this favorite character of mine

There's a high chance that I will write about him again after I watch the "Mononoke" series. Anyone know where I can find a good streaming site which have this series? MySpace

END MySpace

(Credit for all pictures posted above is belong to their rightful owner. None of them is mine. Some material for this review is obtained from various site)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.